Monday, June 3

I Wasn't Planning to Paint the Kitchen...

When you paint one room it makes all of the other rooms look like they need to be painted too! I have a really ugly kitchen. It looks like this. 


Yes it is always messy like this and cluttered with projects I'm working on...


The watermelon art was done by a friend in Florida. I've always like it and now it has inspired me to paint another room!

There is only one ceiling light in the kitchen with a 60 watt bulb. Very ugly and very dark. I think I will lighten up a bit!


This is Glidden's Watermelon Smoothie. Even the name sounds yummy!  I still need to finish the living and dining rooms first but I think I will buy a tester of this color and try it out in the kitchen. :D


Inspiration photo from DiaOcOnline in Vietnam

I finished painting the dining room yesterday. It looks much better now. Next project will be painting the table and chairs. That is if I don't get distracted by another project!

Hope you have a beautiful day!



8 comments:

mcddiss said...

ese color sandia es precioso, y seguro que dara mucha alegria a tu cocina

besitos

Mari

Caseymini said...

Kathi, that color will look gorgeous with th watermelon art. More photos of the dining room?

MiniAussie said...

Oh wow!! I LOVE what you have done with the kitchen - it's beautiful!! xxx

MiniAussie said...

Oops I thought you'd already done it the kitchen is so similar - but I definitely see yours looking just as good - hope you will post pics when it's done - can't wait to see it!

PILAR6373 said...

Que color tan bonito!!!! le da mucha vida y luz a la cocina!!!
Besos.

maribel said...

Me encanta este color que has dado a la cocina, le da más vida y alegra.

Kathi said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see it finished too! :D I'm going to get some paint samples today.

I am also going to ask someone at HomeDepot to cut my curtain rod to the right size! Working on the dining table and chairs. Need to sand, prime, sand, paint, sand and paint again...

Kathi said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see it finished too! :D I'm going to get some paint samples today.

I am also going to ask someone at HomeDepot to cut my curtain rod to the right size! Working on the dining table and chairs. Need to sand, prime, sand, paint, sand and paint again...