Thursday, November 1

Mini Spiral Wreath

Sometimes you find really great tutorials for real life crafts that you can make in miniature. Today I found Michele Made Me's blog. I tried her tutorial for spiral notebook ornaments.

I used 28 gauge florist wire and wrapped it around a 1/4" straw to make the spirals. For this one inch wreath I wrapped the wire around the straw 40 times. From there I followed Michele's instructions. Cute, huh?


I thought I would try adding beads to another one. You know how I love beads!

As I wrapped the wire around the straw I added a glass seed bead to every third turn.

I slid the wire off the straw and stretched the spirals to about three inches. Then I threaded 1/8 inch ribbon through the center.



When you pull the ends of the ribbon together it will form a circle. Then you just tie a little bow at the bottom and you have a mini wreath.


I may go back and add a drop of glue to place the beads where I want them?  I like how they turned out.

Thanks Michele! I see lots of other things on your blog that I'd like to make in miniature. :D



11 comments:

maribel said...

Muy original, me gusta.

Ilona said...

Very good tutorial, Kathi, never seen before. Thank you for sharing and adding the link to her blog.
Hugs, Ilona

Fabiola said...

I like! It's a great idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Bye Faby

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is so neat!! I love your blog by the way :)

Marian said...

WOWW !!!! super original. Felicidades.Besos

onbeingaminimum said...

Cute idea.

Linda said...

This is a really cute idea! Thank you for sharing. I have a ton of floral wire left over from a previous project, now I know what I can do with some of it. :)

Troy said...

The Michele made me site it pretty cool - thanks for the link.

Unknown said...

brillant idea, thank you for sharing this

mcddiss said...

la verdad es que queda muy original, gracias por compartirlo

besitos

Mari

Jazzi said...

Cute! Great idea Kathi!