Thursday, October 11

Pink Petunias

When I saw IGMA Fellow, Era Anderson Pearce's tutorial for making petunias, I just had to try it.


I found a Gelly Roll 08 white gel pen at Michael's. It worked great for drawing the lines on the flowers. Poke the photo to see them better.  I wish I was a better photographer.  : p

I really like Era's idea of putting a drop of glue on your thumb nail when attaching leaves and flowers. This is much easier than trying to dip them into a puddle of glue!

Thanks Era for such a lovely, detailed tutorial. It was not easy, but I like the results.

As you can see, I'm making progress! There is still much more to do...


Hope you have a great day!



13 comments:

Lavecinita said...

Estan preciosas,te va ha quedar genial,un abrazo.Rosa.

A. Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Wright said...

So pretty! You can use nib pens and ink too, there tends to be more color choices that way and you can get SUPER fine nibs :)

(deleted previous comment due to typo, whoops)

Cote said...

Que bonitas!!!
Besitos

Caseymini said...

Kathi, the petunias are lovely. I have been looking for white gel pens for a couple of years now....I hope that our Michael's has them as well! Thanks for the tip!

Giac said...

Hi Kathi,
Good job. everything is looking just great.
Big hug,
Giac

Ascension said...

Son preciosas, te han quedado genial.
besitos ascension

Idskesminis said...

I love the petunias! When I asked for a white gel pen some time ago, the girl looked at me as though I'd gone mad, she said: But the paper is white, why on earth would you want a white pen (I was holding a small sketchbook at the time). Needless to say she didn't 'get' miniatures, when I explained what I wanted them for. They work great on leaves as well!

maribel said...

Esta genial, son chulísimas.

Drora's minimundo said...

Your petunias are lovely!
Hugs, Drora

sera xi's said...

All your flowers are beautiful. Congratulations. Hughs

Auxi

Lucille said...

When you stop to look at everything you have accomplished, it must surely give a lift, Kathi. All your flowers are beautiful and I'm crazy about that little wagon!

carmen said...

te han quedado estupendas, gracias por el tutorial