Friday, August 17

Scallops


I want to make a scalloped awning for the garden center.  I could use paper but thought I would try this fabric instead.

First I used lightweight iron-on interfacing on the back.  Then I added Alene's Stop Fraying to the edge. I cut a pattern with my scallop scissors out of cardstock, then drew the scallops with a disappearing ink fabric marker and started cutting.

Not perfect but this might work?  Does anyone have any other ideas on how to cut scallops on fabric?  I just remembered that my new sewing machine will stitch scallops....  I may try that next?

Hope you have a beautiful day!  Today is my sweet daughter's birthday.  Happy Birthday Sharyn!


7 comments:

mcddiss said...

me gusta mucho los colores de esa tela para el toldo , seguro que queda estupendo

besitos

Mari

A. Wright said...

I actually made a scalloped edged bedspread back in March. You can check it out here:

http://everylittlethingblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/miniature-bedspread/

I sewed the edge first, then clipped around the stitches. It took a few practice runs for size/tension but I'm pretty happy with it :D

Caseymini said...

Kathi, Fiskars makes wonderful, real life, scalloped sewing scissors for cutting fabric. I use them for all sorts of mini projects. They also make wonderful fish scale shingles in 1/4" scale.

Kathi said...

Thank you!
I love the scalloped bedspread. I'm going to look for those Fisker's scissors too. That sounds so much easier!
:D

Jocelyn said...

Hi Kathi, I don't know what size scallops you need but if the scissors are too small you could use pop sickle sticks or tongue depressors taped together as a template and trace that onto the fabric.

Kathi said...

Thanks Jocelyn. :D I was thinking of using pop sickle sticks. Mine are about 1/2" wide.

maribel said...

Es una tela muy original, así que seguro que te quedará fenomenal.