Thursday, January 14

Dolls and Doll Clothes

My library didn't have any dollhouse books! So I went to their online library and placed these books on hold. I want to learn how to make clothes for my dollhouse dolls.

I just picked the books up tonight. They are filled with beautiful photos, instructions and even patterns!
I can see a lot of tracing going on here. Shhhh...


I also bought a doll clothes pattern. This one has an entire wardrobe for 1:12 children. I've made Barbie clothes before so I hope it's not too difficult? I want to make clothes that can be taken off and changed...


Sadly, the dolls I ordered seem to have been lost in the mail? They will be shipped to me again soon. I can't wait to start making some clothes for them!

These are the children. As you can see from these photos, they are not dressed for the beach! The first one is the teenage granddaughter. I'll have to watch her around the lifeguards.

This is her little brother. He doesn't look very happy in that awful shirt and suspenders he's wearing! How could he possibly build a sand castle or fly a kite in this?!

This precious little girl is the "baby" sister. Isn't she cute? I'm sure she is spoiled rotten.

I can't wait for them and their grandparents to arrive. In the meantime, I'll be reading some books!

Blessings, Kathi

3 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, I have the two bottom books. They are wonderful. Good luck on making the clothes. I can't wait to see what you do.

Kim said...

what cute children! You are going to have so much fun making clothes for them when they arrive!

Dubem said...

Hello,

This is so so sweet! That will be one stylish doll. Love them. I have done that with my daughters clothing.

18 Doll Clothes