Tuesday, September 1

The Dresser is DONE!

I finally finished my four drawer dresser for the master bedroom. I'm glad I only need one for my dollhouse!

I found an idea, tried to copy it, fooled with it a while, took a day off and now it's finished.


I like how it turned out. I'll use the things I learned while making this to do my kitchen cabinets. That's another project for another day!

The 21 piece end table is going in the trash, I think. It's too small. Another learning experience! I didn't measure my real end table before I started. If I had, it would have turned out much better. This 1:12 scale calculator has been really helpful. Thought I would share it with you.

I'm also going to make a coffee table and end tables for the living room. Here are a couple of ideas I found.


Maybe I'll make a fireplace too? I've seen so many pretty fireplaces! I know you don't need a fireplace at the beach, but this one really has me inspired!


So many ideas, so little time! Hope you have a beautiful day!

Blessings,
Kathi

9 comments:

MiniKat said...

The dresser looks great!

I wouldn't toss the 21 piece table yet. It may come in handy down the road in a different project. You just never know.

blushing rose said...

How wonderful! You are so talented. Love your colors. TTFN ~Marydon

Kim said...

Love the dresser! I also love that fireplace- it would be real fun to try to create it for your house!

Anonymous said...

The dresser is great. You are more daring than I. I have not tackled furniture like a dresser that requires drawers. Now you are going to make tables? You are good and the result shows. The room is going to look sooo nice. Congratulations on a job well done.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Don't throw out the 21 piece table, you never know the bits may come in handy for other things.
The drawers look fabulous!
Those beach house pics are beautiful, can't wait to see what you do next.
Mercedes

A. Wright said...

Love that glass tile, very cool. The dresser is super cute!

Unknown said...

NEVER NEVER THROW ANYTHING..ANYTHING AWAY..lol..please keep it for later! your dresser is just lovely

kathi said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments! I won't throw the tiny end table away. Maybe it will work as part of a kitchen cabinet one of these days...

Deni said...

Never throw out things thats right I did once and the minute it was gone I needed it!
Oh that little coffee table is so cute!!!