Thursday, July 30

Dollhouse Renovation - Day Four

Before

Posting this as "Day Four" of my renovation is a little misleading. I've been working on my dollhouse every day while I'm on vacation! I'm just wanting to keep track of each major change I make.

Right now my goal is to finish the attic bedroom. I found an inspiration photo with a swinging bed (previous post) so I'm working on making that happen now.

I painted the room yesterday and worked on my little swing beds for a while. Here's a couple of photos of my progress. There is still a lot to do!

Colors are from my inspiration room. I added some skinny sticks to the wall but I'm not sure they look the right scale? Should I remove them and use matchsticks instead?


I've also been working on some little projects. This white chair may end up in the trash unless I can figure out how to make a slipcover for it!

I made a bar size table with a "glass tile" top. Fiasco is wondering where the drinks are...

I also gathered some fabric to make little quilts for the beds. Not sure I'm happy with what I have right now. I've never made a tiny quilt before so I'm looking for a tutorial for that.


So you see, I've been busy! It's so nice to be on vacation so I can play house!

Blessings, Kathi

8 comments:

Jo Raines said...

I like the look. I think it will be nice once you get furniture in. Love the color and I'm also wanting to make some mini chairs (in my non-existent spare time!) I've worked Tuesday, yesterday and today and then I can do a little on Joanna's house.

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

A. Wright said...

Nice tutorial for a quilt :D

http://thislittledollhouse.blogspot.com/2009/05/doll-house-quilt-tutorial.html

Easy slipcover in real size

http://pinkandpolkadot.blogspot.com/2008/08/laziest-slipcover-tutorial-ever.html

Hope this helps. I thinkt the rooms is looking fab and wouldn't change a thing.

Kim said...

I love the attic bedroom so far- the colors are just beautiful. You should ask Casey at http://caseymini.blogspot.com/ about your chair. If anyone had a good tip on how to slipcover it she would! It would be a shame to toss it- It has a perfect shape to it! I love the glass table too!!

Claudia said...

Kathy, you are doing such a fabulous job on your dollhouse! I haven't even started on mine yet - there has been too much to do in my real house since I got back from San Diego!

You are inspiring me.

By the way, I follow your other blog, but for some reason I never get updates - So I'm bookmarking both your blogs so that I can see them regularly.

De said...

Oh, don't toss your chair. It does have great "bones". Before you try the slipcover, you might just try adding bunka or embroidery floss cording trim. Over the seam at the top of the back, around the front of the arms, around the seat cushion seams, etc. You can just apply glue sparingly to hold it in place. You'd be surprised at how much of a difference it makes. I love the new color scheme in the attic room. Good luck with the swinging beds. I can't wait to see them. :-)

kathi said...

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm going to try De's idea of adding some trim to the chair. It has a glue blotch that needs to be covered so I might end up having to make a slipcover, thanks A.Wright!
I'm off to clean the real house and then work on my swinging beds for a while...

Escapist said...

Hmmm thing s can b turned up down just yuh need Endowed with talent...


jolliiiees:-)

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Wow! You are really coming along beautifully with this sweet little beach house! I just love your work!